This course teaches the unique considerations for testing Service-Oriented Architectures (SOAs). Because of the focus on support of the business or organization, the emphasis in this course is placed on business-oriented black-box and gray-box testing, although other views of testing are also covered, such as integration and interoperability testing, security testing and performance testing.
This course also covers the technical details of web services and how to use tools to test them. You will start by learning the basics of SOAs and then learn how to create a testing strategy for your own SOA implementations. Then, you will learn effective processes and techniques for implementing detailed SOA tests. This course contains 6.3 hours of recorded narration and over 4 hours of recommended exercises.
Click Here to View the Demo.
Questions? Contact Randy Rice at the "Contact Us" link above.
Since SOAs may be deployed in a variety of environments, this course
does not assume a particular environment or tool set. However, the
testing techniques will address many of the most common types of SOA
implementations and will show examples of some of the more popular SOA
This course is centered around a common case study which builds throughout the course.
You will learn:
- The basic issues and risks of testing Service-oriented Architectures
- How to create a test strategy for your own Service-oriented Architectures
- Processes and techniques for SOA testing in diverse environments, including business process validation
- The nature and purpose of SOA test tools
- How to leverage SOA test tools in diverse environments
- The process for performing security, perform and integration testing in SOAs.
- How to build and manage a test environment that starts to simulate the operational environment
Who Will Benefit
- Test analysts
- Test engineers
- Software developers
- Project managers
- Test lab managers
- QA analysts
This program requires basic testing and IT knowledge.