Module FNDE - Test Management (3 hrs)
Module STBA - Surviving the Top Ten Challenges of Software Testing (48 mins.)
- Test Organization And Independence
- Tasks Of The Test Leader And Tester
- Test Planning And Estimation
- Test Planning Activities
- Exit Criteria
- Test Estimation
- Test Approaches (Test Strategies)
- Test Progress Monitoring And Control
- Test Progress Monitoring
- Test Reporting
- Test Control
- Configuration Management
- Risk And Testing
- Project Risks
- Product Risks
- Incident Management
Module TTLH - People Issues in Testing (17 mins.)
- About the Top Ten Challenges
- Lack of Training "Us" vs. "Them" Mentality
- Lack of Test Tools
- Lack of Management Understanding/Support of Testing
- Lack of Customer and User Involvement
- Not Enough Time for Testing
- Over-reliance on Independent Testing
- Rapid Change
- Testers are in a "Lose/Lose" Situation Having to Say "No"
- Solutions to Each Challenge
- The Role of Testing in a Project
- Working with Developers
- Working with Users
- Keeping Management Informed of Progress
- Managing Expectations
- What Can a Tester Reasonably Assess or Recommend?
Credibility - The Test Manager's Key to Success (40 mins)
In this presentation, Randy explains why credibility is so important to testers and test managers.
He explains how to gain credibility, how is it lost, and how to rebuild it if lost.
Taking a Deeper Dive into Dashboards (40 mins)
In this presentation, Randy explains why dashboards are helpful in conveying testing information in real time.
He explains how to design and build a dashboard that stakeholders find helpful, and how to pick the items to
show on your dashboard.