Do you find yourself challenged by user requirements? Perhaps you understand the important of good user requirements for software development and testing, but other people in your organization need to be exposed to best practices for user requirements. If so, this is the course for you!
This is an online course in understanding the basic process of gathering, defining, testing and managing user requirements. You will learn the requirements process from start to ongoing maintenance. This course is ideal for people who are just learning about the importance of user requirements, or for those who need a defined process for requirements management.
Gathering, Defining and Testing User Requirements will help you become
more comfortable and confident in performing the requirements management
process in just about any role on the project, including business
analyst, user, system designer, project manager, QA analyst or tester.
will emerge from this two-day session knowing how to define the right
problem, talk to the right people, document the right needs, build the
right system, and test the system using a defined baseline of
requirements as the target. You will also leave with a knowledge of how
tools can help you perform requirements management.
This course takes about 11 hours to complete, including exercises.
Your instructor is Randy Rice
, an expert in Business Analysis with over 40 years experience in building and testing information systems.
Questions? Contact Randy at the "Contact Us" link above.
Return on Investment
Who Will Benefit
- Learn how to define and solve the right problem and avoid spending tons of money building the wrong system.
Learn how to find problems in requirements before they ripple
through the rest of the project, where they are much more costly to fix.
- Understand the key issues in gathering and defining user requirements.
- Learn how to design tests that adequately cover requirements and business events.
- Get the most out of your existing investment in user requirements and use cases and how to leverage that investment.
- Advance your career by reinforcing your software engineering expertise.
- Project managers
- Business analysts
- System designers
- Software engineers and developers
- QA analysts
- Test analysts
program requires only basic IT knowledge or experience. Technical
documentation knowledge or experience is not a pre-requisite.